- Having received results from our agents at approximately 1800 of the 2627 polling units spread across the 192 Wards in the 18 Local Government Areas of Edo State, we can confirm that our party has attained a near unassailable lead in the Edo State gubernatorial election.
- The results so far confirm to us that our candidate has garnered approximately 55% of the total votes cast by voters. We have every reason to be confident that we will maintain this trend and coast home to victory.
- However, we are aware that members of the All Progressives’ Congress (APC) led by Governor Adams Oshiomole, in collusion with officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) led by Mrs. Amina Waziri, are relentless in their efforts to manipulate the results of this election. We are aware that Governor Oshiomole is currently moving from collation centre to collation centre with the objective of manipulating the results as much as possible.
- We will like to reiterate our earlier notes of warning. The Edo people, and our party, will resist any attempt to subvert the collective will of the people as expressed by their votes today.
- We urge our members and supporters in the state to continue keeping the faith by guarding their votes at the Ward Collation Centres and Local Government Collation Centres. Eternal vigilance is the price we all have to pay for victory.
- God bless Edo State. God bless Nigeria.
Prince Dayo Adeyeye
National Publicity Secretary