Governor Babagana Umara Zulum has constituted a 16-member committee that will tomorrow, Saturday, 25th April, 2020, commence the distribution of palliatives, mostly varieties of food items, to cushion the effects of 14 days statewide lockdown declared in the state.
Special Adviser on public relations and strategy, Malam Isa Gusau, announced this in a statement released on Friday night, 24th April, 2020.
Gusau said the committee, to be chaired by commissioner of agriculture, Engr Bukar Talba, will target vulnerable persons in urgent need of government interventions as the Governor will continue to monitor progress in the continued lockdown aimed at controlling the spread of Covid-19 infection.
The spokesman added that chairperson of the state emergency management agency, Hajja Yabawa Kolo is to serve as secretary.
14 other members of the committee include:1. Commissioner for science, technology and innovation
2. Commissioner of Trade
3. Commissioner of Special Duties
4. Commissioner Youth and Sports
5. Special Adviser on Monitoring and evaluation
6. Special Adviser on Women Affairs
7. Special Adviser on investment
8. Senior Special Asst on Protocol
9. Representative of NEMA
10. Representative of the NEDC
11. Representative of the VSF
12. Representative of SSS, Borno command.
13. Representative of the Nigeria Police Force
14. Representative of the Media.
Governor Zulum expects the committee to discharge its duty with efficiency, highest sense of responsibility and most importantly, with the fear of God, the statement said.