The umbrella body for Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) elders under the auspices of Oganiru Anambra has declared their unwavering support for the party’s flag-bearer for the 2021 Anambra governorship election, Mr Valentine Ozigbo.
The PDP elders join a growing list of political leaders and stakeholders who have thrown their weight behind Mr Ozigbo’s candidacy when they issued a communique after a meeting held at New Orleans Hotel, Awka, on Friday, August 6, 2021.
After extensive discussions, the elders unanimously congratulated Mr Ozigbo and his running mate, Mrs Azuka Enemo, on their emergence as the party’s flag-bearer and pledged their unalloyed loyalty to the pair ahead of the November 6 poll.
The communique also called on the party’s national leadership to wade in and take necessary measures to unite party members and ensure that aggrieved members do not engage in anti-party activities or jump ship to other parties.
The elders implored the Valentine Ozigbo Campaign Organisation to reach out to every stratum of the party and ensure everyone is carried along in the election process. They acknowledged huge effort the candidate has made in this regard and further appealed to all members, elected officials, and stakeholders to rally around Mr Ozigbo and mobilise Ndi Anambra for the PDP.
The communique was signed by over seventy PDP elders from the 21 local government areas in Anambra State, including Chief Okey Muo Aroh, Chief Evang KG Enemuo, Chief Ugochukwu Adilieje, Chief Sunday Madumere, Hon Eucharia Azodo, Chief Benjamin Uba, Chief Ben Udeozo, Chief Tony Offiah, Chief Ejike Oguebego, Dr Rose Nwankwo, Hon Idu Emeka, Hon Fidel Okafor, Rt Hon Emeka Anyanetu, Hon Barr Keluo Molokwu, Hon J J Malizu, Dr Alex Obiogbolu, and Hon Pandola Okwuosa.
Others are Chief Ozoigbo Fabian, Hon Joe Ezeatu, Chief Onochie Okagbue, Barr. S I Okonkwo, Sir Fred Udensi, Hon Amaobi Chikwendu, Chief Mrs Ifeoma Egwudo, Hon Nnamdi Nwangwu, Mrs. Edith Nwokedi, Chief Ernest Eze, Chief Nzube Etoniru, Hon Afam Okpalauzegbu, Chief Chinedu Ofomata, Hon Nwafor Damian, Hon O.C Ilozue, Dr Willy Emenari, Deaconess Amaka Tamuno, Barr Pat Okafor, Hon Sir Jonas Okani, and many others.
Read the communique below:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED BY ANAMBRA STATE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY ELDERS AT ITS MEETING HELD ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 2021
THE MEETING OF ANAMBRA STATE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY ELDERS WAS HELD TODAY, AUGUST 6, 2021, AT NEW ORLEANS HOTEL, AWKA, TO DELIBERATE ON THE WAY FORWARD FOR THE PARTY.
AFTER AN EXTENSIVE DISCUSSION, THE MEETING UNANIMOUSLY RESOLVED AS FOLLOWS;
- THAT AFTER A REVIEW OF EVENTS BEFORE AND AFTER THE PRIMARIES, WE CONGRATULATE THE ELECTED GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP), MR VALENTINE CHINETO OZIGBO AND THE DEPUTY GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE, DAME AZUKA ENEMO.
- THE MEETING PLEDGED ITS UNALLOYED LOYALTY AND TOTAL SUPPORT FOR THE CANDIDATE & FLAG BEARER OF THE PARTY FOR THE NOVEMBER 6, 2021 ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION.
- THE MEETING URGES ALL PDP PARTY FAITHFUL TO EXTEND THEIR TOTAL SUPPORT TO THE CANDIDATE AND TO THE PARTY SO AS TO ENSURE OUR VICTORY IN THE NOVEMBER 6, 2021 GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION.
- THAT THE NATIONAL WORKING COMMITTEE AND THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF OUR GREAT PARTY SHOULD GIVE A CLEAR DIRECTVE WITH REGARDS TO THE STATE LEADERSHIP OF THE PARTY IN VIEW OF ITS EARLIER DECISION AND SUBSEQUENT JUDGEMENT OF THE COURT OF APPEAL, ABUJA.
- THAT THE MEMBERS OF THE PARTY IN THE STATE, AND NATIONAL AND STATE LEGISLATORS ELECTED ON THE PARTY’S PLATFORM SHOULD RALLY AROUND THE LEADERSHIP AND ELECTED GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE OF THE PARTY, MR VALENTINE CHINETO OZIGBO BY MOBILISING NDI ANAMBRA TO ENSURE THE VICTORY OF OUR PARTY AT THE NOVEMBER 6, GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION.
- THAT THE CAMPAIGN ORGANISATION SHOULD REACH OUT TO EVERY STRATA OF THE PARTY SO AS TO ENSURE THAT THE PARTY REMAINS UNITED.
- THAT WE URGE THE NATIONAL LEADERSHIP OF OUR PARTY TO CLOSE RANKS IMMEDIATELY AND TAKE STEPS TO DISSUADE MEMBERS IN ANAMBRA STATE FROM ATTENDING MEETINGS OF OTHER POLITICAL PARTIES OTHER THAN PDP SO AS NOT TO JEOPARDISE OUR SUCCESS AT THE NOVEMBER 6 GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION.